• Unit has all the Kartmaster HD 500 features but adds:
• Two work space shelves which fold to conform to storage size.
• Bottom shelf carries: 700 lbs.
• Top shelf carries 200 lbs. black finish.
• Bottom shelf: solid aluminum, folds, attaches to base; black finish.
• Total weight with 2 shelves: 76 lbs.
• Overall dimensions:
• Length: 44.75″; Width: 18.125″
• Top shelf: aluminum with 1/2″ high edge on three sides: folds to storage size, black finish
• Locking top shelf prevents disengagement from kart.
• Top shelf dimensions:
• Length: 44.625″; Width: 18.125″
Brian Eaves –
I’ve had my HD500 for 12 years! I recently replaced the wheels with Polyurethane tires and the front casters. It’s traveled all over the US. Next I’m going to replace the upper and lower shelfs.
Great cart. Heavy duty, collapses to a small size. Bed plate and shelf are great accessories. Been using it over 20 years, and had to replace the casters last month. No other problems. 500 pounds is not a problem for this cart.
Mark W. –
I’ve been using my HD500 on film locations all over the world for seventeen years, both to move equipment cases, and as a portable office. It has performed flawlessly. For my purposes it has two stand-out features First, it breaks down to half its working length, which makes it easy to transport in car trunks. Secondly, since one side of the top shelf has no lip, it is very comfortable to use when writing or typing on a computer without having to reach over a lip as on similar products in the marketplace. The main wheels are smaller than some heavy duty carts, but their width makes them surprisingly useful on gravel or broken ground.
Steve H. –
We’ve used these for going on 20 years shooting daily entertainment news in Los Angeles. We seriously abuse these with 500+lbs of video equipment on a regular basis. My only complaint is that when heavily loaded the tires move on the rims and squeak very loudly. A bit annoying when you are loading in/out of a fancy hotel. I do suggest getting the solid and not the pneumatic tires. Other than that, I highly recommend the cart.